By design, plugin and theme makers do not receive usage data from WordPress.org. This allows us to stay true to the spirit of WordPress, giving users complete control of their data.
But it also means we do not have information about how many sites there are, how site owners and developers are using Price Based on Country or who might be getting stuck in using Price Based on Country – which means it’s harder for us to make smart choices to make the plugin better.
We’ve made it possible for anyone to enable usage tracking from within their WordPress admin area. This sends us data about the size of the site, how Price Based on Country is installed and how it is being used.
Enabling usage tracking helps us in a few ways:
- We can understand how stores are set up and cater feature development for them.
- If something goes wrong with a specific feature or update, we can understand the number of sites potentially impacted and act more quickly to resolve issues. We can also contact users if we see a security issue.
By opting-in to usage tracking, you’re helping us make Price Based on Country better for everyone. By seeing how our customers are using the plugin, we can make more helpful features, write better documentation and generally make Price Based on Country a more useful plugin.
What we’ll track
In general, we track non-sensitive data about how a store is set up. We do not track or store personal data from you or your clients.
We do track and store the admin email. This allows us to get in touch regarding potential vulnerabilities and information on fixes. We do not use this email address for any marketing efforts.
The full list of what we track is:
- Site URL
- WordPress admin email
- WordPress version
- WordPress locale
- WordPress debug mode
- WordPress memory limit
- Web server software & version
- PHP version
- Some PHP Settings like maximum post size, maximum input vars, if Suhosin is enabled, if you have cURL, SOAP and fSock enabled
- MySQL version
- List of activated plugins
- Total number of customers
- Total number of products
- Total number of orders
- Active payment gateways
- Active shipping methods
- General WooCommerce and Price Based on Country settings
Tracking data is sent automatically to our servers once you opt-in and then every two weeks afterward.
How to opt-out
If you wish to opt-out, you can do so by deleting the option ‘wc_price_based_country_allow_tracking‘.
Thanks for reading this
The fact that you are reading this post means you had at the very least an active interest in helping make Price Based on Country more awesome and for that we thank you. If for some reason this user tracking isn’t for you, we understand and we say see you soon.